Posted on 06th June 2017
We are currently recruiting for a seasonal Kitchen Assistant to work at our Pease Bay Leisure Park, based in Cockburnspath, until January 2018.
The hours of work for this role will be flexible, and involve working during week-ends and Bank Holidays.
Reporting to the Complex Manager, the Kitchen Assistant will be required to provide professional catering service to customers throughout the day, maintaining high levels of customer service, cleanliness and presentation.
The main duties of the Kitchen Assistant will include, but not be limited to:
• Assisting in preparing food, including starters, salads, vegetables, and some side dishes;
• Maintaining clean premises, clearing and cleaning, ensuring the work station is kept clean and tidy;
• Taking delivery of food stock, checking off delivery notes and ensuring the products are stored at the correct temperatures;
• Ensuring all stores, fridges and freezers are kept clean and tidy, whilst ensuring stock is stored correctly and rotated;
• Ensuring that all temperature checks are carried out and recorded;
• Assisting in dishwashing operations.
The ideal Kitchen Assistant should have at least one year of experience in a catering environment, and a commitment to produce consistent and excellent level of food.
They should be flexible, and able to work as part of a team.
Awareness of stock rotation procedures and basic food hygiene are also essential.
A relevant catering qualification will be advantageous.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, we provide an employee benefits package which includes: friends & family discounts, reduced standby rates on park breaks, childcare vouchers and ongoing training & development opportunities.
Verdant Leisure is a boutique holiday park operator offering self-catering holidays and holiday home ownership in some of the UK’s most picturesque spots across Scotland, Northumberland and County Durham. The successful Kitchen Assistant will be joining us at an exciting time as the business goes through a period of expansion with three recent acquisitions, and more to follow.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.