Posted on 13th June 2017
As a result of our ongoing expansion, we are currently seeking an experienced HR Officer to be based at our Head Office in Lancaster.
The purpose of the role will be to provide comprehensive day-to-day HR support to all company parks and Head Office, covering all aspects of HR including onboarding, performance management, disciplinary and grievance, absence management, employee benefits, employment law, policies and procedures and terms and conditions.
Reporting to the Head of HR, the HR Officer’s duties will include:
• Undertake all HR administration;
• Deliver company induction to all new head office employees;
• Input and manage all data on to the HR system ensuring the system is managed in line with company policy and the Data Protection Act/GDPR;
• Maintain employee personnel files and HR filing system;
• Advise on and administer all job descriptions offering support and practical assistance to managers to ensure they are compliant with company policy and current legislation;
• In conjunction with the Head of HR, provide advice and guidance to line managers and members of staff on all HR related matters, including HR policies and procedures;
• In conjunction with the Head of HR, provide accurate and relevant Employee Relations advice to line Managers, including but not limited to disciplinary, grievance and performance management.
• Administer all absence management procedures and provide support and advice to park managers on sickness management issues;
• Liaise with park managers to determine their staff needs in preparation of the peak seasons, and plan and schedule the recruitment campaigns accordingly;
• Assist park managers with the recruitment of all staff, ensuring that staff are recruited in line with company procedures and statutory legislation;
• Compile the monthly Human Resources board report;
• Assist the Head of HR with all duties pertaining to acquisitions, TUPE transfers, redundancy and restructure processes.
The ideal candidate should be CIPD qualified or have a degree in HR Management, and have a minimum of two years experience in a HR Generalist role, including experience in providing advice and guidance to line managers and staff on HR related matters. They will have excellent communication skills and effective influencing and advisory skills, with the ability to effectively manage meetings, investigations and group discussions. It is also essential for the right candidate to be able to demonstrate a perfect and up to date knowledge and understanding of the UK Employment law and HR best practices.
This is a full-time role, with core hours of 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please note that occasional travels to our parks will be required, so a current driving licence is essential.
The salary on offer is £22,000 per annum.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, we provide an employee benefits package which includes: friends & family discounts, reduced standby rates on park breaks, childcare vouchers and ongoing training and development opportunities.
Verdant Leisure is a boutique holiday park operator offering self-catering holidays and holiday home ownership in some of the UK’s most picturesque spots across Scotland, Northumberland and County Durham. The successful HR Officer will be joining us at an exciting time as the business goes through a period of expansion with three recent acquisitions, and more to follow.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Chris Peers, Head of HR at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.